Monday, November 22, 2010

They Like Me ... They Really Like Me

Apparently, my RSS Feed presentation is a big hit!

I first delivered the presentation to my marketing job-seekers group a few months ago, when I was still learning how the feeds could help improve the job search.

Then, I continued to refine the process (updating my blog with each improvement I made). And, last week, I gave the presentation to my job-seekers group again, in a far more organized, hands-on approach. I explain that this will not get you a job; it's not a magic wand ... what it does is it frees up your time to do things that CAN help you get a job.

Anyway, the presentation was very well received -- so much so that another group emailed me this afternoon and said they had heard the presentation was informative, and would I be interested in presenting it tomorrow. Normally, I prefer a little more notice, but I'm happy to do it (again, following up on my new "selfless" mentality).

Plus, it's a new group, new people, new contacts -- you never know whom you might meet; you never know what introduction can turn into a job.

In related news, I'm really starting to wonder if there *is* money to be made here. A friend is trying to convince me that this could be a business, but I definitely have my doubts.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you have doubts? It's something you're good at, something you enjoy, and there is already a demand for your services. You don't have to go at it in a big way, just start the way you already have- word of mouth. There are so many people in your position who are lost as to how to begin the process of finding a "good" job. Not only can you use this a a business, but like you said,the karma is starting to come back to you as you help others without really expecting anything in return.
i say go for it! What have you got to lose?

Post a Comment