Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Guitar Tournament - Round 5 - Sweet 16

The fifth round of the Guitar Solo Tournament is up. We're down to the Sweet 16. You can access the survey now.

This round will continue through Sunday, May 12 (in the evening).

Continuing our comparison (in the first round, there were 28 bands with 3+ songs in the tournament), here's the current list of bands with 2+ songs):

2: Van Halen

Some big surprises (to me) last round ...  Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" eliminated "I'm No Angel;" "Light My Fire" eliminated "Caught Up in You" (as two big western-rock songs fell hard), and "Here I Go Again" took out "Hotel California" - which may be one of the shockers, so far.

This round is bittersweet, as my two early favorites (what I would've thought might have ended up 1-2 if they had the opportunity to play) face off against each other. Only one will continue.

Here is the updated bracket!


Remember, this round will end Sunday evening (and the Elite 8 will be posted that evening!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment