Sunday, May 19, 2013

Guitar Tournament -- the Championship

The next-to-last round of the Guitar Solo Tournament is up: The Final Four! You can access the survey now.

This round will continue through Tuesday, May 21 (in the evening), with the winner announced that night!

For me, my #1 choice was finally eliminated. The impetus for this tournament was to prove a theory to myself -- that "My Sharona" was the most underrated guitar solo ever (because for an extremely "poppy" song, it definitely has one of the most energetic solos). However, Pink Floyd (which was my #2 choice, overall -- although not this song (the "On the Turning Away") song, ousted The Knack for a spot in the finals.

The other song is Tom Petty's "Runnin' Down a Dream," which handily won its matchup against The Black Crowes.

Here is the updated bracket!



Thanks for playing. The round will end Tuesday evening, with the winner announced that night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment