Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why Being Unemployed Is Great

So, in my efforts to continue staying upbeat about the precarious position I find myself in, I decided to see if I could figure out all the positive things about being unemployed. I came up with four.

1. When it's snowing (as it has done quite a bit this past winter), I don't need to be up early and worry about shoveling myself out -- I can take my time.

2. When it's really nice out (like yesterday - nearly 60 degrees), I can head outside earlier than I could if I was working and shoot hoops while there's still sunlight.

3. I'm able to watch ALL the Championship Week and March Madness action I could ever wish for.

4. Barnes & Noble is planning on having a massive clearance sale on boardgames tomorrow - quite a few games will be sold for $2. I can actually be at the store when it opens, securing the games I want.

Now - this is all nice; but I'd probably trade all (okay, *some*) of these benefits for the big three that a job can provide:

1. Money
2. Food
3. Shelter

(but, I'd have to think about it for a little while first!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment