Sunday, April 3, 2011

Continuing on the Theme of Exemplary Customer Service

So, last week, there was an advertisement in our local paper for Petco, which was offering $20 off dog beds. Our dog has had her bed for quite a while, and we thought we might buy her a new one, but there was no information as to the price (just $20 off). So, I headed to the website to see if it was listed, and lo-and-behold, there was an option for a website chat.

 Here is the transcript to my "customer service" session: I think the transcript says it all...


Thank you for choosing PETCO! One of our representatives will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with April.
April: Hello!  I am a PETCO Customer Relations Representative.  How can I help you today?

You: Hi - there is an advertisement in your weekly flyer for $20 off 'select PETCO oval pillow dog beds' -- do you know what the regular price of those beds might be? Where can I find them on the site?

April: May I know where did you see this advertisement?

You: weekly flyer - I'm on Long Island. Page 5

April: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
April: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
April: Thanks for your patience!
[total of 5 minutes]

You: ok

April: As much as I want to give you the regular price of that item. I'm sorry but we don't have the price list in our local PETCO store. However, I can advise you to call the store.
April: Can I have your ZIP code please so I can give you the phone number.  

You: Well - is it on the website?

April: I'll be right with you.
April: I'll be right with you.
April: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
April: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
April: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
April: Thanks for your patience!
[10 minutes goes by]
April: I'm sorry but we don't have online promo for $20 0ff.

You: Sigh...
You: No -- I'm asking -- do you have the bed, the product, online. Then, I can see what it is, what it's filled with, etc.

April: I will send you a link to a page that contains that information.
April: Beds.

You: there are 223 beds there
You: which is the bed that is listed in the flyer?

April: I'm sorry but we don't have the the list of promos that our local PETCO store have.

You: interesting
You: so, out of curiosity - and, no offense intended - but, what purpose does this chat serve?
You: If you're unable to tell me about products sold in your stores....

April: I can advise you to contact the store for more info.

You: but, I could do that without being on chat

April: I'll be right with you.
[5 minutes goes by]
You: Why would I just spend - approximately - 25 minutes in a chat window, to learn that, ultimately, the chat exists for the sole purpose of telling me to call the store?

April: I apologize for the inconvenience.
April: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
April: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
April: I'll be right with you.
[total of 15 minutes]

Sorry, our chat session has ended due to circumstances beyond our control. Please feel free to chat with us again if you need further assistance.

1 comments:

Matt71 said...

Wow, now that is Stupid!

Did you call the store? If so, did they at least know what the price of the bed was?

Post a Comment